- Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico LLC. does not collect personally identifiable information through the Internet or otherwise unless you explicitly choose to provide this information. If Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico LLC. collects information, this will only be for clearly specified purposes.
- When you choose to provide us with information, it is kept strictly confidential. We do not sell, share or in any way disclose the information obtained for specific purposes to third parties unless obliged to do so by law and/or legal proceedings (e.g., court orders).
- The data our customers provide us with is discarded as soon as the original purpose is no longer relevant or the customer informs us that he/she desires the data to be discarded.
- Whenever Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico LLC. collects personal data, the latest security technology is used. Currently, a SSL is in use to make sure that third parties (e.g., ISPs, network companies, ...) cannot access the content transmitted via the Internet.
- We make every effort to keep data given to us accurate and up to date, and we will process requests for updates quickly and reliably.
- We make sure that our staff is trained to adhere to these standards. Our employees sign a statement of commitment to these principles.
In order to optimize and personalize our online services to meet your needs, we employ a technology called cookies for personalized sessions. We assure you that we discard this information as soon as you terminate the session. The information collected to optimize our Internet site (e.g., domain name, pages viewed, number of visits, time spent on our site) is only used to improve the website and its content. The analysis of this data preserves the anonymity of our customers.
2. Scope and purpose of and legal basis for the processing of personal data
3. Duration of data processing
A cookie is a small element of data that can be exchanged between an Internet site and a client's browser. It can be stored on either side to enable the Internet application to recognize the client on return. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and you may choose to accept the cookie or not. If you do not accept the cookie the corresponding Internet page cannot be accessed. If you accept the cookie, you can delete it from the file (cookies.txt) or from the directory (e.g.: ..\WINNT\cookies\...) after the session.
4. Right to object in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR
We employ a technology called SSL to make sure that confidential data cannot be intercepted by third parties. To ensure this level of security, the LHT Internet server bears a certificate in keeping with common practice in e-business. This certificate is issued by a security provider. In the case of LHT, the provider is "TC TrustCenter GmbH", which is based in Hamburg. "TC TrustCenter" is known and accepted automatically by your browser as an official security provider in the case of Version 5.01 and higher for MS Internet Explorer or Version 4.5 or higher for Netscape Communicator. Please refer to the corresponding user manuals made available to you when you get your authorization for further technical details.
5. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We may be required to forward your personal data to third parties within or outside the Lufthansa Group in order to be able to offer you our products and services on the basis of our contractual obligations or our legitimate interests. These recipients can be categorized as follows:
- Service providers
- Transportation and logistics
- Government bodies and authorities
- Members of the Lufthansa Technik Group
Personal data may be transmitted to third countries or international organizations as part of this. For your protection and the protection of your personal data, appropriate safeguards are provided for such data transmissions as per and in accordance with legal requirements (particularly, the use of EU standard contractual clauses) or an adequacy decision has been issued by the EU Commission (Art. 45 GDPR).
For information on EU standard contractual clauses, please visit [http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:039:0005:0018:DE:PDF]. The EU Commission provides the relevant information relating to its adequacy decisions at [https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en#dataprotectionincountriesoutsidetheeu].
We are also legally obliged to provide personal data to Puerto Rico and international authorities, Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR together with local and international regulations and agreements.
6. Rights of data subjects
Lufthansa Technik AG is committed to the fair and transparent processing of data. We therefore believe it to be important that data subjects not only have the right to object, but can also exercise the following right if the relevant legal requirements are fulfilled:
Right to access (Article 15 of the GDPR)
Right to rectification (Article 16 of the GDPR)
Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") (Article 17 of the GDPR)
Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 of the GDPR)
Right to data portability (Article 20 of the GDPR)
To exercise your right, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to process your request and for identification purposes, please note that we will process your personal data in accordance with Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The relevant supervisory authority for Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico is:
Jose C. Villanueva-Vazquez
Lufthansa Technik Puerto Rico, LLC
102 San Antonio Rd. Rafael Hernandez Airport
Aguadilla, PR 00604
If you give your consent to us for processing your personal data, please note that you may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you gave this consent on the website, please visit the page where you originally gave consent or log in using your LH ID in order to withdraw consent in the settings.
In all other cases or if you have problems withdrawing your consent on the website, you can contact email@example.com
Please note that your consent can only be withdrawn with future effect and such a withdrawal does not have any influence on the lawfulness of past processing. In some cases, we may be entitled in spite of your withdrawal to continue to process your personal data on a different legal basis – e.g. to perform a contract.
8. Tracking tool: eTracker
We use eTracker as a tracking tool. Its functions are explained in the following paragraphs.
eTracker stores data on visitors, IP addresses and the device and domain data of visitors. This data is stored in truncated form or encrypted so that it is not possible to identify the individual user from it.
The collected data is administered in a data center located in Hamburg, Germany using the highly secure, high-quality and highly available data center infrastructure of IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH, which is certified as complying with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
eTracker gives us insights into the following data:
- When the website was accessed (month, year, week, day, time of day)
- What devices were used to access the website and what browser and operating system those devices use
- What individual pages of the website are visited
- Visitors' regions and languages
- Visitors' click behavior
- Click paths, click frequency
- Dwell times on the individual pages of the website
- Most-clicked pages on the website
- Where the website was accessed from (referrer)
- How often the website or its individual pages were called
- Whether and how visitors return to the website or its individual pages
You can obtain more information on this tracking tool at: https://www.etracker.com/